As part of our “Tech Tips” series, we will address a common topic among our customers, How to Identify Your Products with the TUFF TORQ® Barcode. When customers call the TUFF TORQ® Service Department, a technician will ask for their transmission’s serial number in order to access and provide the correct information about their product. This blog post will provide all of the necessary information to read our barcodes and help you interact with our service team.
In addition, we will also provide quick and easy instructions for how our customers can use the TUFF TORQ® barcodes on our website to research and gather more information about their products. Enjoy!
The TUFF TORQ® Barcode
TTC’s 11-Digit Part Number
The TTC 11-Digit Part Number is the part number for the whole product.
TTC’s Product Serial Number
The Product Serial Number identifies “model” and distinguishes your product from all others created.
OEM Part Number
*This is the part number issued by the OEM. For example, a John Deere part might look like this… JD PN: 123-12345. Please note, not all barcode labels reflect the OEM part number. It may or may not be present.
Finding Information on TUFFTORQSERVICES.COM
1. Review Your Barcode
- TTC’s 11-Digit Part Number Figure #1 (red oval)
- TTC’s Product Serial Number Figure #1 (yellow oval)
- OEM Part Number Figure #1 (green oval)
2. Navigate to TuffTorqServices.com
3. Click on Tuff Torq Service Parts Catalog
4. Click on Catalog Shop
5. Click on Hydrostatic: Riding Mower Transmissions-Pumps-Wheel Motors
6. Review the selections and look for a match to the TTC Product Serial Number. Please note, you are looking for the prefix section before the dash.
7. As our unit is a T40J (per our Serial Number), we will navigate to T40 and click on the selection.
8. As the T40 series has two options, please reference the TTC Product Serial Number. As our example is a T40J, we will click on the far right choice.
9. Now, click on the product that corresponds to the TTC Product Serial Number found on the TUFF TORQ® barcode.
With the knowledge of how to read the TUFF TORQ® barcode, anyone can use our website to gather information and parts schematics. Should any questions arise, please contact us via email or by phone. When on our website, for the best user experience, please download the Flash plug-in.
Share This Article