Global Sales Account Manager
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Global Sales Account Manager assigned to the Sales & Marketing Group. This is a position of entry level to three years experience in either technical sales, procurement or a related position. The position requires the ability to:
- Understand the specifications of drive train equipment
- Coordinate sales’ projects between the OEM, internal Tuff Torq and Japan design engineering.
- Deliver pricing and delivery proposals that meet the OEM needs so as to introduce business for a new model and / or a new customer.
We are located in Morristown, Tennessee.
Responsibilities of include:
- Manage assigned customer relationships by alignment of Tuff Torq products to the application of the OEM for their end product tractor, and / or ROV (recreational off highway vehicle). The initial customer assignments will be those based in Europe.
- Manage long-term sales forecast and business growth for assigned customers. Advise Tuff Torq of business conditions, competitor and market position of assigned OEMs.
- Solicit business opportunities by matching current product with customer needs as well as define new product opportunities
- Strategically manage individual customer profitability to S&M Group goals.
- Coordinate between OEM and Tuff Torq Engineering, Product Design, Procurement and Testing for new product entry and / or existing product modification.
- Provide Voice of Customer information to the organization and coordinate customer needs among the various supporting departments within the Yanmar group.
- Coordinate collection of delinquent Accounts Receivable for assigned customers.
- Participate in design of new projects and product updates (provide and review technical details related to design or specifications, review and verify test data).
- Contribute to quality issue resolution and cost reduction opportunity studies.
Qualifications of a Sales Account Manager include:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Required to complete two stints of three months at the parent company in Japan within the first year of employment.
- This is a position of entry level to three years experience in either technical sales, procurement or a related position.
- Advanced computer skills, including mainframe, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Project, MS Powerpoint, and MS Outlook.
- Understanding of design requirements related to stress, load, heat transfer, and material considerations.
- Must be able to travel internationally and total travel is 25-50% of the position
- Additional consideration given to candidates with Dutch, French, German, or Italian language fluency – as the initial book of accounts will include European customers.
The Tuff Torq Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of Yanmar Co., Ltd. and a world class manufacturer of off-highway power train equipment for such companies as John Deere, Husqvarna and Yamaha.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One to three years of sales/account management experience in a tier 1 manufacturing environment or sales for automotive/off-highway vehicle commodities.
Preferred Language Fluency:
- Dutch or German or French or Italian